The Craftsmen Series
While we appreciate everyone who makes wine, there are some winemakers, just like great chefs, who are really in a class of their own. In this series, we feature six (6) key winemakers of Bordeaux whose heart, patience, experienced eyes, nose, hands and palates, bring to us sublime bottles of joy.
Petite Laurence Blanc 2018 (Winemaker: Hubert de Boüard de Laforest & Philippe Nunes )
Produced from 100% Sauvignon Blanc, this dry white wine displays a citrus nose of ripe lemons with hints of tropical fruits, in the mouth the wine is quite full and layered with green apple and notes of pineapple and lychee. There is a very refreshing acidity balanced beautifully with the fruit and a very long satisfying finish.
Ronan by Clinet Blanc 2018 (Winemaker: Ronan Laborde)
Produced from 70% Sauvignon Blanc & 30% Semillon, this is an appetizing pale gold colored wine, with a platinum glow. Aromas of citrus fruit complemented by a nice mineral tone. Fleshy and bright on the palate with a fresh finish.
Clos Bertineau 2015 (Winemaker: Philippe Nunes )
Nicely lifted, displaying pretty floral and sweet-savoury notes of plum and walnut that add character to the 100% Merlot, this bottle is one of the more distinctive wines from the famed Montagne Saint-Émilion region. Sweet tobacco, dried cherry, mint and herbs add shades of nuance and after 5 years of aging in the bottle is perfect to drink now.
Château Haut Plantey 2015 (Winemaker: Jacques Thienpont )
Jacques Thienpont famous for Château Le Pin in Pomerol wows again with his new venture: Château Haut Plantey. This amazing bottle which is a blend of 70% Merlot, 25% Cabernet-Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon tastes of red cherries, cassis and a hint of cigar. In the mouth the wine is full with layered dark fruits, polished tannins and a wonderful freshness.
Château de Marchesseau 2014 (Winemaker: Yannick Reyrel )
This bottle amazes just as the Garde family has, for five generations. Fresh, pure and silky, this 69% Merlot and 31 % Cabernet Franc has a rich garnet colour and on the nose, blackberry, spice and dark ripe cherries come to mind. Full bodied and well balanced, this will go excellently with any roasted, grilled or braised meats.
Château Roqueville 2015 (Winemaker: Thomas Guibert)
A wine of power and elegance, this blend of 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon is matured for 12 months in French oak barrels to express the richness, intensity and delicacy of the excellent terroir of Castillon-Côtes de Bordeaux. Well balanced and fruity with soft ripe tannins, do yourself a favour and have this with Satay, Briyani, Braised Goose web or Iberico pork to see how the simple plus the elegant = the sublime.
In your case:
1. Petite Laurence 2018 *Hubert de Boüard of Château Angélus
2. Ronan by Clinet 2018 *Winemaker and owner Ronan Laborde of Château Clinet
3. Clos Bertineau 2015, Montagne St Emilion *Philippe Nunes winemaker of Château La Fleur de Boüard
4. Château Haut Plantey 2015, Saint Emilion Grand Cru, *Winemaker and owner Jacques Theinpont of Le Pin
5. Château de Marchesseau 2014, Lalande de Pomerol, *Yannick Reyrel, former winemaker of
6. Château Roqueville 2015, Castillon-Côtes de Bordeaux, *Thomas Guibert former winemaker of Château de Ferrand
7. Tasting Notes, Card (if intended as a gift, or just for your own use)
* All prices you see in Wine Jetty are inclusive of taxes, this qualifies for free delivery